Sunday, April 20, 2008

Shot down

Well as you know from another blog, I applied for a Job last week that I was really interested in and didnt get it. Well I try to remain positive and believe everything happens for a reason, and one day perhaps I will know the true reason. However, this is the reason they gave me:
First of all I should say I applied for a teller position in a bank. Although I knew they did a credit check and so forth, I guess I didnt really realize the severity my credit was in until now. I also didnt realize exactly how they check it.
Yes I know I owe money, but I do pay my bills on time, but this is not what they look at. They actually take your credit report to a Lender in the bank and ask them if they would loan you money. If they say you are high risk for a loan, then they believe you will STEAL from them to pay your bills. So your application is thrown out right then and there No questions asked.
Now I can understand this to an extent, what I dont understand is how they think people without jobs can pay their bills. Also Why do they automatically ASS-ume that every one who is high risk for a loan is going to steal from them if they get the chance?
I believe there is a little bit of discrimination going on here, but what can I do.
So even though I used to have a high paying, highly stressful Job, and was paying my bills on time and could actually get a loan if I needed one, Im now at high risk because I dont have a job, and I cant get the job because I cant get a loan.
Well I dont need a Loan, I. Need. A. Job.
Until next time...

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Keep on trying, the right job will come along. That's what Granny always tells me.

I got a job this week. It came and fell into my lap. Literally. "F" showed up at the house and offered me a job that I haven't even applied for.