Friday, April 4, 2008

Its Friday

Well its finally here that wonderful time that we all call.....
Prom Night.
We searched and searched for the perfect dress. Considering Dq is in the plus size this was not easy task. If she had been a size 5 we could of have our pick of dresses and got them for as little as $99. But that was not to be, so after the search was over, the checkbook came out and $350 later we were the proud owner of a beautiful-ly overpriced plus size gown.
Yes my daughter is spoiled and thinks nothing of this amount being spent. She even acts like it was a good deal. Reality will stick her soon enough I guess.
Anyways, Tonight is prom night. Today however is, The day of prom.!!!
All the kids who will be attending the prom will check out of school 3 hours early, so they can go get their hair and makeup done. If they were lucky enough to get to the mall this week, they have already had their finger nails and toenails done. Dq wasn't so shes getting a friend to do hers today. This is only after I refused to pay $35 for her to get this done professionally.
When it came time to spend her own money she had a change of plans. Plus she is going to another prom next week and I refused to put any Cash into this one at all. This is the prom of her "friend" and at this school they have to pay for their date to go. Only her friend didnt think she should have to pay it so DQ did. The reason she said was because her "friend" was having to pay for a bunch of other stuff for the prom. I didnt believe it then and i dont believe it now.
SO I refused to pay out for it.
Anyways Slugger is getting to go to her prom tonight. He is going to be a server. That another thing, at tonights prom they actually serve food.
Next week at the other one, they are meeting up at a resturant to eat before the prom because they dont eat at theirs. Dq is paying $35 to go to this prom, her friend is "supposedly" paying $130 to go, but this doesnt even pay for the prom shirt? What is it paying for?
Dq said since Friend didnt go last year she has to pay for what she would of spent last year.
Whatever, and I was born last night.
Anyways Dq raised money her Jr year for the prom and didnt have to pay anything to go last year or this year.
So needless to say i am a little disheartened that my daughter is such a Naive little pushover.
I swear she didnt get it from me.
Sad thing is, she doesnt believe a word I said. Anytime I tell her something she has to go ask 15 other people for their opinion and then she comes to the conclusion that I was right all along.
But this friend of hers can make her believe the world is flat.
Anyway as usual I got off subject. Til next time!!


Photobucket

No comments: