Sunday, April 13, 2008

Living the Dream

I went on a Road Trip Yesterday. A couple friends and I went to Tennessee to watch the band Confederate Railroad Perform. In case you didnt know CRR is a country group who used to be the Johnny Paycheck band, along time ago, and broke out on their on with such hits as Cadillac Kind~~When and Where~~
And their smash #1 hit (which they were told would never make it)
TRASHY WOMEN.

CRR performed at the International Dogwood Festival in Winchester Tennessee Last night.
They have performed there for several years, So long in fact that Kenny Chesney once Opened for THEM!
This makes the 4th or 5th time I have seen them and the last 2 times I have watched them from the stage steps since my friend has become good friends with Wayne (the bass player).

They are some of the nicest peole you will ever meet. Danny Shirley (the lead singer) is the most down-to-earth person I think I have ever meet. Considering they have been doing this for 20+ years now, he really could have a reason to be a little stuck up, But He Is Not.


Anyways on with the story. As we were driving across the Tn line all we can see for miles is Signs.... The Tn lottery. We dont have a lottery in Alabama of course, so seeing these signs all over gives people like me a chance to dream.
We pulled into a store and there are signs everywhere, but of course Im not the kind of person that believes luck will fall on me like a tree and make me rich.
So when we pull out of the lot, I notice yet another sign. $80 million Jackpot. Wow, wouldnt that be great.

I remark to my friend that $80 million would sure make alot of old friends come out of hiding. lol
Except of course If I won that much money they would have to find me in Florida. We laughed as we both agreed.

Many people remark that Money is the root of all evil.
It is actually THE LOVE of money.
I do not Love money, (I just like it a whole lot).
But I do think that whoever said "Money doesnt buy Happiness" Didn't know where to Shop!

The thought of winning the lottery only lasted for about 45 minutes. Since thats how long it took to get from where we were at, to where we were going, But it was nice to dream. At least it always is for me.

Join me next week after the Prize Patrol drops off my check.





No comments: