Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April's Fools

Today is April Fools day, as Im sure you are aware. Seems like a perfectly fittin day to have a strike. But thats another blog.
Yesterday might as well have been April 1st, although today wasnt much better.
Why? Because being Monday, and seeing how DQ was once again gone all weekend, Guess-What-Happened? Yep, you guessed it! her car wouldnt start.
(sighs dramatically) Now my brother Mellow, (short for mellowdramatic, however you spell that) Worked on it last night after dark of course, because being monday he had to work late..... Yes so I really, Really hated to tell him it wouldnt start.
But... I did. Now I also begged him to leave it til today, but he wouldnt so he fixed what he thought was the problem and it started and we parked it back in the yard, to wait for morning. April's Fools Day!!!!
I held my breath as Dq walked to the car, i was still in the bed and not quite ready to get up, 1,2,3. I wait, and yes she comes back in, Stomping her feet of course,
As she enters my peaceful haven, I rolled to the other side of the bed, while mumbling Take Mine, with out waiting for her to speak.
As the morning goes on and the clock strikes 9, I leap out of bed (yeah right) and float to the door, hoping just maybe...But no,
It was not an April fools prank.
So thats how the first day of April treated me this year,
Hope your day was better!!!

and just for the record, The s in April's fool's day was deliberate.


No comments: