Friday, April 18, 2008

Broccoli Casserole

Its amazing really my kids actually Like broccoli. So when I buy for DQ and she forgets its there and it has to be cooked I like to use this recipe.

  • 1 pack Broccoli flowerettes (the tops I buy them already cut)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can of chedder cheese soup
  • 1/2 cup rice
  • 1/2 cup milk

Steam broccoli about 3-4 minutes in the microwave. (you can do this in a ziploc bag just leave it partly open. Bag will be hot!) Put broccoli in a casserole dish. Mix soups together in bowl with 1/2 can of milk, pour over broccoli. Stir in rice, making sure to cover rice completely or it wont cook. Cook @ 350 for 20-25 minutes. Serves 4

Tip: I use minute rice when i have it to make sure it comes out done. Also when I found this recipe it called for 8oz cheese whiz, I use the cheese soup instead cause its cheaper and just as good. Also I use a little extra rice to make more, just as long as the soup mixture covers it all completely you can do this.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That recipe sounds good! I'll have to try it soon. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment. :)