Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Where did I go wrong?

Well as I said in my about me section, you would hear more about my kids.
I used to tell everyone what great kids I had. I never had to really spank them, or ground
them. But I guess thats because I was working 3 jobs to provide for them and never saw them.
Well what goes around comes around... Now Im not working but their both teenagers.
Wait, Teenagers with cars. So do you think I ever see them.
DQ works about 4 days a week and then when shes not at work, her friends are top priority.
Slugger has ball practice 3 hours a day M-F when there are no games and then of course how
can I make him stay home all weekend long when DQ keeps the roads hot.
I must say, slugger will at least go to Wal-mart with me on sunday. But DQ will stay gone from fri til sunday and then call to let me know what time she'll be home.
Of course you all say, I wouldnt let her do that. Well let me tell you, Sometimes its better to let her stay gone. Drama Queen is a nice name for what she can be when she doesnt get her way. And besides, as she likes to point out, Shes 18.
I know, My House ~ My Rules. Nah its not worth the headache. So yes I just let her come and go cause theres not point in argueing with her. SHes like her dad. Always gets what she wants, somehow.
But back to the beginning, I do think I have great kids, Even though they dont have time for me and I like to have pity partys, They've never really gotten into alot of trouble. DQ more than slugger, of course, How many of you have girls? But he has seen the effects drugs and alcohol have had on people in our life and I seriously doubt I will ever have that to worry about.
So I guess I can count myself lucky.

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Drama Queen is definately the perfect name for her, lol!!!

And you helped raise me, so you did some good, lol. just joking with ya.

mackenzie sends her love, aunt bibi lol

love you!!
Daphne
(http://alabama-mama.blogspot.com)

p.s. we'll work on a look for your blog when you get here this weekend, and I'll show you how it all works. you're still coming right?