Thursday, March 27, 2008

Opinions are Free!

The long awaited time is drawing near. Senior class trip.
DQ is waiting patiently for this trip for 18 years.
Its a trip that signals her Grown up status.
I guess for her that is. Anyhoo.
Her class sponser (and Chaperone) has offered detailed advice for the students, and I find myself offened. Why you ask?
Well its like this. The seniors are going to Disney World.
The most magical place on the earth, (sigh!!) children of all ages. (2-102) cant help but be amazed by the miracles of the imagination.
I dont think there is anyone who couldnt be transformed at Disney world.
But Im off subject.
Ms. S has given the class maps of all the different parks.
Magic Kingdom, Epcot, ect...
On these maps she has listed her favorite and least favorite attractions. Suggesting (get this) that some of these attractions be Avoided all-together.
The Number 1 on her list to be avoided. "Its a small world". My absolute favorite of all time.
Yes while I can see this may not be appealing for 18 yo boys, this attraction is one of the oldest in the park. A entire world of miniture dolls singing in different languages from around the world.
I can see saying "I wasnt impressed by this" but to go so far as to suggest they avoid it completely is offensive to me.
Number 2 on the list is also number 2 on my favorite list. The Jungle Cruise. A 30 minute lazy river ride on a boat, with a crack up comedian captain of the ride telling jokes and driving you thru waterfalls, as you watch animals and tribes of all kinds in the habitat. All of this is animated of course, but still who's to judge a perfectly fine attraction.
There is absolutely NO way to see all of the magic kingdom in 1 day, much less 4, but since they will be there for 4 days, let them choose their own path. Yes they have hopper passes to all the parks, and they cant see it all. But gimme a break, Not everyone likes the same thing.
I hate crabmeat, but DQ loves it. Id never tell her she shouldnt try something just because I dont like it.
And the topper to all of this is, Ms.S has told them the firwork show is best from the epcot, While I have heard this and cant disagree, (ive never been to epcot) I do know that the magic kingdom parade, which leads up to the firework show, can only be seen AT the Magic Kingdom.
So if everyone goes to Epcot, at her suggestion, Then they will all miss the parade.
I personally think that anyone who goes to Disney World should not leave without seeing the Magic Kingdom parade, And small world, and the Jungle cruise.
But hey thats just MY opinion.

No comments: