Monday, March 24, 2008

Just another Manic Monday.

Yes, I did it, I got out of bed this morning! And for the past 6 hours Ive been wondering WHY?
I woke up at 7am, which is the time the kids get up for school, and I kept hearing sirens, So I got out of bed and went out the back door to see where they were going.
I have a 90 yo neighbor, she actually lives about 1/2 mile up the road, but I can see here back door from mine, and that is where the ambulance was. I called my dad, cause his brother knows EVERYTHING, usually before it happens, but he hadnt called yet.
So I can only assume its not good, It cant be if the ambulance is there right?
Well since Im up and about, (even though I really wanted to go back to bed) I go out front to see the kids off to school.
This is where I start questioning my judgement in getting out of bed.
DQ is sitting in her car with the door open, shaking her head, it wont crank. it figures.
Now I have put a mountain of cash into this car, one that I bought after she wrecked my pride and joy, and it has been nothing but trouble.
The motor and transmission actually came out of the car she wrecked because she ran this car hot and cracked the head.
Anyways I have to get dressed because its cold outside and I go to see what is wrong.
It acts like the battery is dead, and she tells me, (get this)
"its been doing this for 3 days".
Well If its been doing it for 3 days dont you think you should have brought it home so it could be checked out, instead of staying gone in it for 5 days and then having it quit on you completely?
She doesnt understand my anger. Worse yet if shes not at school in like 7 minutes, shes gonna go to jail for being tardy.
Seriously thats how it works here, since shes 18.
If she was 15 it'd be ME going to jail.
So I send her to school in my SUV. The one I only drive a little cause of the Gas prices. Its not like I have anywhere to go. But I make it a point to have all my ducks in a row before I leave.
Anyways dad and I hook up a charger and try to jump start it. No dice, we clean the cables, change out the batteries, clean the cables again, try another battery. I call my brother to ask his opinion. Nothing is working.
So we finally decide its the starter and yes I happen to have a spare one of those also.
But B4 we can get it in the shop, my bro comes home from work on lunch and works his magic, and cranks the car. Now it was more than just his touch, and it took his whole lunch hour, but still.
Anyone who knows me knows Id rather be beat than have to get him to fix something.
Not because hes mean or anything, just because he works all the time. Non-stop never slows til down, until he is completely exhausted and has to lay down.
So I guess the car is fixed, (though she really needs a new one) atleast it will crank.
However there is still the question of why it did what it did.
Dq had to take my SUV to college to take a compass test, 30 miles away :( and she has to work tonight.
Wonderful, so there goes that $20 worth of gas I put in it friday, and I havent even crunk it since.
Everything happens for a reason. Only thing is we usually dont figure out the reason until it no longer matters.
Ahhh, Calgon take me away.



Manic Monday

No comments: