Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring break

Its Spring Break here. School is out for the Easter holiday. Now most of the kids in the state have actually been out of school all week. Mine have only been out for 2 days.
This is ok with me and them. Its just weird, for some reason the kids in this county, and Im sure some others, get out of school for a whole week in april.
This usually works out well for me cause its warmer and we can make plans for this week.
When I had a Job I actually planned my vacation around what is Known as AEA week.
But seeing that other counties (and possibly even kids from other states) were out of school this week could have cause for concern. Why? you ask.
Because for those who dont know where I live, I live 1/2 mile from a dirt track, and I live in 4 wheeler country! Now I have 4 wheelers, in all there are about 8 here 5 that runs for sure and the rest are iffy. But Im off track.
The neighbors, their friends, their relatives and Im sure even their In-laws have 4 wheelers, So if you dont see where this is going, All week long it has been None stop 4-wheeling from 8am to 10pm . 4-wheelers, dirt bikes, big ones small ones, its been a non stop parade All Week Long!
Now the track is 1/2 mile down the road you say, and yes you can hear them from here, but they dont stay on the track Noo. The road in front of my house is MUCH better for 4-wheeling,
why, because they can drive (wideopen) on this 1/4 mile stretch and then turn and go up the RR tracks, which will take them all the way back to the nearest town, about 5 miles away, without them having to get on the highway.
So yes the kids that go to school with my kids have been in school most of the week, but the ones that go to school 10 miles away were out all week. Not to forget, about 8 teenagers were visiting from up north some where with there parents at their vacation home, which is 1/2 mile in the other direction, and I think they brought 6 4-wheelers.
So all in all its been a good week. LOL If I could learn to go to bed early and get up early that is.
I should be used to it. Its spring time and that means people outside at all hours. which includes, my dad next door with the lawnmower at 7am on Sat morning.
But thats another Story!

No comments: