Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Two Cents

Ive seen so many things, in the papers, on peoples blogs, comments left on AOL. About welfare, food stamps, WIC programs, ect....

While I know there are people out there who do abuse the system, and sadly I even know a few of them personally, (even though we are not friends).
I do believe people shouldnt Judge other people.

EVERY BODY has had to have some help at one point in their life! Whether it came in the form of welfare, financial aid, or moma and daddy loaning it.
I do not believe that any one can say they have never needed help from someone.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

I actually read a comment on AOL from a reader who said that baby formula should be cut off the WIC program. Because "after all" if they can afford to have the kid they should be able to feed it". This made me so mad I had to get up and walk away from the computer. Heaven help this person if they would have been standing in front of me when they said it.

I have read and heard some say, "their tax dollars were feeding these kids"

Well ok that may be true. But the IRS is gonna get that money one way or another, you have to pay taxes. So shouldnt it be put to good use HERE in America. I mean Come on people, we have spent BILLIONS of Dollars in EVERY other country, why are you bitching about spending it here.

I have been one of those people that had to have help. After the death of my childrens father, (while I was attending college to be able to find a better paying job) I had to quit school and go back to work at a factory. It took alot of budgeting to pay for child care and everything else that comes with life.
But that was not how it was supposed to be!! It was supposed to be different and circumstances beyond my control changed that.

"Judge not that you be not Judged"

"Before you come to my house and sweep off my doorstep, Take a good look at your own".

If you dont know the life someone else is living, and you have not walked in their shoes. Then keep your opinions to yourself.
Especially in public!!!!

1 comment:

KK Edgil-Mills said...

Hey this is KK! I read the same thing in the Times Daily and that made me mad too! Just because there are some that are not as financially secure as the one that posted that does not mean that they cannot take care of a child... As for abusers of the system, well, they are there and I know some as well. I think that they state needs to do a better job in the research of who gets assistance and who does not. Imagine how many people would be cut off from assistance, WIC, Medicaid and Food stamps! I think that is great for those THAT NEED IT! However, most that I know do not!