Friday, May 9, 2008

Plus Size Counterfeit

Here I go off with a pet peeve, do you ever have those days?
I was on Ebay checking out some plus size dresses,
not really that I wanted to buy one, just browsing.
Anyways standing on the beach looking positively radiant
in a full length formal wedding gown was a size 4 model.
Now this dress was amazing and the model wore it well, but...
It was supposed to be a plus size gown.
Yes it was one of those places that sell all sizes, but the ad was for a plus size.
I dont want to see what a gown looks like on a skinny model.
If I want to buy it for me I want to see what it will look like on someone my size.
(no Im not buying a wedding dress, your missing the point,
I was also looking at prom dresses cause I have one to sell).
Go into a store and look at the plus size clothes,
on the skinny mannequins with a belt looped around it twice, it looks real sexy.
We cant all be skinny, and for those of us plus size people out there we already have to pay double price for clothes, But to see a small person modeling a plus size outfit,
just adds insult to injury.
And do you know whats almost as bad,
seeing a person who wears a size 14 being referred to as plus size.
14! Id love to be in a 14.
But too many doctors, and whatever have brainwashed people
into believe if they arent a size 5 they're fat.
Oh No I wont even get started on that.

Until next time...

No comments: