Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year Funk!

Hi everyone. I know I havent posted in a while, and probably no one even checks my page any more, but im in a funk and I thought blogging might help.

Well it all started New years Eve. A friend of mine and I went out to a club we go to often to meet with some other friends. Well This friend of mine had a strong disagreement with one of our other friends over the phone early in the night. This kinda set the mood for us. We were trying to be upbeat, even though this convo really put a damper on it.

Well then, this person that I respect and admire greatly, did something that completely offended and upset us. I wont go into details, but I will say after knowing this person for several years and thinking we actually were good friends, I was shocked and Crushed to find out that I (and my friend that was with me) was just another random person who happens to frequent the same establishment.

Now I really dont think I was being melodramatic. Some people might. But even though what happened was a tiny little thing that most people would not have noticed. It struck me like a slap to the face, to the point that I got up and left 2 1/2 hours early after paying 12 bucks to get in.
Well this person has actually sent an email to my friend, (No I didnt get one) asking what he done. (we did tell him before we left, but he didnt see why we were so upset) He thought that what he did was justified by him being tired, but it couldnt really be explained away by that. He really just didnt see that what he did was totally uncool.

Anyways Since then I havent been able to pull myself out of this funk.
Sure other things have happened that are keeping me down, but this one thing is at the head of it all and I dont know how to get past it.

So much for a Happy New Year. Maybe I just need a Vacation.

No comments: